A Minute History of the TSMR
In 1920, four researchers met in Toronto, with the intention of forming a research lodge. Three years later, this became a research society.
Working closely with foremost researchers world-wide, they were intensely productive, eagerly sharing their knowledge.
From 1947 to 1987, the Society continued to meet, but subdued and self-contained.
In the 1990's the Society again began to serve the wider community as it arranged for renowned foreign researchers to lecture in Toronto.
Yet, the Society continued to be subdued by external influences and internal confusion about its nature, aims, values, and relations.
In 2007 the TSMR asserted its autonomy, commitment to free enquiry, service to the public good, and rejection of dogmatism and ostentation.